School Holiday Day Camps
Activity Day Camps
Are you looking for a safe, rewarding, challenging and hugely enjoyable break for your kids?
” Our kids loved their time at High Adventure, every day we picked them up they’d had a new experience and adventure. The timings of pick up and drop off actually allowed us a full day and the High Adventure staff could not be a nicer bunch, thoroughly professional and caring ” Mr & Mrs Cowans
You can book for a single day or a full Monday to Friday and drop your kids off between 7:45 – 8:25am and pick them up between 4:45 – 5:45pm.
Age range 7 years old and up.
All our activities are designed to stimulate and challenge your kids. Activities include canoeing, caving, climbing, archery and mountain biking –
Day Camp dates for 2017:February Half Term
Easter Holidays Monday 10th – Friday 14th April 2017 Monday 17th – Friday 21st April 2017 May Half Term Monday 31st July – Friday 4th August 2017 Monday 7th August – Friday 11th August 2017 Monday 14th August – Friday 14th August 2017 Monday 21st August – Friday 25th August 2017 Monday 28th August – Friday 1st September 2017 October Half Term Monday 23rd October – Friday 27th October 2017
Prices: 1 child = £30 per day, sibling = £25 per day
5 days: 1 child for the 5 days = £125, sibling = £100 for the 5 days Important Information Please Read: Participation Statement: The High Adventure `Activity Day Camp` provides a safe, fun and active programme of outdoor and adventurous activities for young people who are active and have a reasonable level of fitness and independence. Participants must be able to feed, dress and toilet themselves. They also need to be able to follow instructions and interact well with others.The activities work to a ratio of 1 instructor to 12 participants. We cannot cater to young people who;
- Require a higher level of care. For example, require a learner assistant in class due to behavioural or independence issues.
- Cannot adhere to the High Adventure behavioural contract, which is in place to ensure sessions are safe and fun. A copy of the behavioural contract can be downloaded from our website: highadventureoec.co.uk or on request from our team.
- Require high levels of medical care. For example, any condition requiring modified equipment or the young person needing individual assistance.
Failure to meet the requirements below may result in your child being excluded from the programme. All parents/guardians and participants must;
- meet the requirements of the High Adventure behavioural contract,
- disclose details of level of care the young person prior to the start of the programme,
- disclose details of the young person’s medical requirements prior to the start of the programme.
Should any of the above requirements not be meet our team will call you to discuss the options. High Adventure retains the right to exclude your child without refund because of inappropriate behaviour or failure to disclose any of the information detailed above which impact on safety or others.
High Adventure require a contact number for a parent or guardian that can be contacted at any point, who can:
- make decisions about the care of the young person,
- collect the young person if needed.
High Adventure’s focus is on providing safe, fun activities. We are an outdoor and adventurous activities centre who provide activities for active young people. If you have any questions about the programme of activities we provide or would like to check to see if our adventure programmes are suitable for your child, please call our team to have a chat about the options. Should your child need a programme which offers higher levels of assistance than we provide our team will be able to recommend an appropriate organisation.
Welcome to High Adventure.
We hope you are ready for loads of fun activities..!
To make things run smoothly we have a few rules that you must follow.
All participants must adhere to this behaviour contract to be allowed to participate. Failure to do so may result in you being sent home.
- You need to wear appropriate shoes and clothing for activities.
- You must bring your packed lunch, a drink, a towel and a change of clothes (including shoes and underwear) everyday to activities.
- All your clothing should have your name written on the label.
- Please do not bring phones or electrical items or items of value with you as they can get damaged or lost.
- No jewellery can be worn on activities.
- If you have long hair you will need to tie it back.
- No chewing gum is allowed.
- Good listening skills are a must, so listen very carefully to your instructors, it’s for your safety.
- You need to always be on your best behaviour and respect everyone in your group as well as your instructors.
- Respect the equipment and environment.
- Do not enter other people’s bedrooms.
- Respect other’s property. Do not go into other people’s bags or take items that do not belong to you.
- No illegal or banned substances.
- No knives or other items that could be considered a weapon.
- Always give things a go with a smile on your face!
3 strike system
If you have trouble following these simple rules…
You will be reminded of the rules and asked to behave.
If you haven’t improved your behaviour you will sit out of the activity until the instructor invites you to re-join.
Continued poor behaviour will result in your parents being called to collect you.
Thank-you for following these simple rules.
Have a fantastic time..!
How to make a booking:
Step 1: Call to check availability 01535 630044
Step 2: We need a Booking Contract Form filled in & returning along with full payment, click here for your Booking Form – Activity Day Camp
Your children are placed into ‘activity groups’ of 10, these are groups of the same age and will do the same activities throughout the week in these groups. This allows them to form close & friendly bonds with their ‘new friends’ and these friendships often last for life.
The day camps start with arrival from 7:45am till 8:25am each day, activities start at 8:45am and every day is an action packed one designed to ensure your child is kept busy until their pick up time from 4:45 – 5:45pm, our staff are all well qualified & experienced instructors. All staff are CRB checked and are permanent members of High Adventure OEC, they are all in the outdoor education industry because they have a passion for outdoor sports and a bigger passion for passing this onto young people.
Send your child to a High Adventure Day Camp and see them grow in confidence on their return. It’s more than just an activity camp, it’s the opportunity for your child to gain skills and independence which will all go to further them in the formative years.
Do you have any questions? Click here for our FAQ’s