Summer Residential Camps
Residential Summer Camps
We are now taking bookings for the 2017 Summer Residential Camp.
Summer Residential Camps 2017 –
Sunday 20th August to Saturday 26th August 2017 – Limited availability
£599 per person per week – aged 7 years plus
Exciting activities delivered in a safe but fun environment, which are all designed to stimulate and challenge your kids. Activities range from canoeing and caving to climbing and mountain biking. Coming soon a comprehensive list of the activities your kids will take part in.
The week camps start with arrival from 12pm on the Sunday and departure is at 12pm on the following Saturday.
Every day is action packed, designed to ensure your child is kept busy from morning till night. Our staff are all well qualified & experienced instructors, are DBS (CRB) checked and are permanent members of High Adventure OEC. They are all in the outdoor education industry because they have a passion for outdoor sports and a bigger passion for passing this onto young people.
Send your child to a High Adventure Summer Residential Camp and see them grow in confidence on their return. It’s more than just a holiday, it’s the opportunity for your child to gain skills and independence which will all go to further them in their formative years.
We also run two options for Overseas Students:
1) English language lessons and adventurous activities- Each day will be split between professional English lessons and outdoor and adventurous activities. When doing the adventurous activities students mix with the English students attending the activity week and also mix with them during the evenings adding to the learning opportunities. For more information and costs click here.
2) Activity only: Join UK students on our Summer Residential camps. This is a fantastic opportunity for students to immerse themselves in the English Language in a fun and adventurous environment. A very basic level of English is all that is required to access this course for just £699 per person per week.
All accommodation is at High Adventure main centre in Cowling, North Yorkshire.
All rooms are dormitory rooms from 3 to 15 beds.
Students will not have their own room, they will be sharing.
All meals are provided.
Important Information Please Read:
The High Adventure `Residential Adventure Camp` provides a safe, fun and active programme of outdoor and adventurous activities for young people who are active and have a reasonable level of fitness and independence. Participants must be able to feed, dress and toilet themselves. They also need to be able to follow instructions and interact well with others.
The activities work to a ratio of 1 instructor to 12 participants. We cannot cater to young people who;
- Require a higher level of care. For example, require a learner assistant in class due to behavioural or independence issues.
- Cannot adhere to the High Adventure behavioural contract, which is in place to ensure sessions are safe and fun. A copy of the behavioural contract can be downloaded from our website: highadventureoec.co.uk or on request from our team.
- Require high levels of medical care. For example, any condition requiring modified equipment or the young person needing individual assistance.
Failure to meet the requirements below may result in your child being excluded from the programme. All parents/guardians and participants must;
- meet the requirements of the High Adventure behavioural contract,
- disclose details of level of care the young person prior to the start of the programme,
- disclose details of the young person’s medical requirements prior to the start of the programme.
Should any of the above requirements not be meet our team will call you to discuss the options. High Adventure retains the right to exclude your child without refund because of inappropriate behaviour or failure to disclose any of the information detailed above which impact on safety or others.
High Adventure require a contact number for a parent or guardian that can be contacted at any point, who can:
- make decisions about the care of the young person,
- collect the young person if needed.
High Adventure’s focus is on providing safe, fun activities. We are an outdoor and adventurous activities centre who provide activities for active young people. If you have any questions about the programme of activities we provide or would like to check to see if our adventure programmes are suitable for your child, please call our team to have a chat about the options. Should your child need a programme which offers higher levels of assistance than we provide our team will be able to recommend an appropriate organisation.
Welcome to High Adventure.
We hope you are ready for loads of fun activities..!
To make things run smoothly we have a few rules that you must follow.
All participants must adhere to this behaviour contract to be allowed to participate. Failure to do so may result in you being sent home.
- You need to wear appropriate shoes and clothing for activities.
- You must bring your packed lunch, a drink, a towel and a change of clothes (including shoes and underwear) everyday to activities.
- All your clothing should have your name written on the label.
- Please do not bring phones or electrical items or items of value with you as they can get damaged or lost.
- No jewellery can be worn on activities.
- If you have long hair you will need to tie it back.
- No chewing gum is allowed.
- Good listening skills are a must, so listen very carefully to your instructors, it’s for your safety.
- You need to always be on your best behaviour and respect everyone in your group as well as your instructors.
- Respect the equipment and environment.
- Do not enter other people’s bedrooms.
- Respect other’s property. Do not go into other people’s bags or take items that do not belong to you.
- No illegal or banned substances.
- No knives or other items that could be considered a weapon.
- Always give things a go with a smile on your face!
3 strike system
If you have trouble following these simple rules…
You will be reminded of the rules and asked to behave.
If you haven’t improved your behaviour you will sit out of the activity until the instructor invites you to re-join.
Continued poor behaviour will result in your parents being called to collect you.
Thank-you for following these simple rules.
Have a fantastic time..!
How to make a booking:
Please call us on 01535 630044 to check availability, then complete and return a Booking Contract Form along with full payment, click here for your BOOKING CONTRACT FORM – Residential Camp
Do you have any questions? Click here for our FAQ’s